Reflex sights are optical devices that allow the user to look through a partially reflecting glass and see an illuminated aiming point. These days, reflex sights have an aiming point that is almost always a red dot projected by an LED, or a red dot encircled by a ring (and other configurations), and are highly durable with extremely long battery life.
By removing the planes of focus found in traditional iron sights, the reflex sight’s single, parallax-free virtual projection is always in focus with the target regardless of the user’s head position, making it ideal for shooters of all experience types.
The best reflex sights are those that offer fast target acquisition (with high accuracy) and ease-of-use for hunting, target shooting or law enforcement/military applications. They should have wide open fields of views (in the case of HUD reflex sights), and the ability to maintain a constant zero aiming point position under the relentless duress of firing in adverse conditions.
Most reflex sights have open HUD (heads up display) designs while some are tube shaped. The differences between the two will be explained in the subsequent product reviews, but you should know that the term “reflex sight” (or reflector sight) refers to an open/tube optic that usually has red dot reticle patterns, while a “red dot sight” does not always refer to a reflex/reflector sight.
Moreover, open reflex sights usually have a wider field of view (FOV) whereas tube reflex sights have brighter aiming reticles and a propensity towards more precise long-range targeting.
These are some of the best reflex sights on the market, offering all kings of technological innovations that enhance operation and durability in a full range of lighting/terrain conditions:
The Best Reflex Sights Reviewed
Sig Sauer ROMEO1PRO
The Sig Sauer ROMEO1PRO is one of the best miniature open reflex red dot sights on the market. This optical device is ideal for fast shooting semi-automatic pistols deployed in situations where target acquisition and accuracy are critical.
The ROMEO1 offers an unparalleled level of performance and durability under the most punishing conditions. Built from a solid billet of aircraft-grade magnesium, this 1x30mm open reflex sight is pure lightweight strength that is designed to last. Its “TruHold” twin adjustment springs provide a lock-less zeroing system that withstands endless handgun recoil and returns the red dot to zero after each and every shot.
The ROMEO1 is designed to fit most handguns, or you can mount it on a SIG SAUER pistol with a custom-machined slide. Precision molded, abrasion-resistant aspherical lens eliminates aberration and focuses the projected image through the lens with clarity.
A red notch coating filter and a new point-source emitter provides exceptional brightness for a brilliant red dot that does not get distorted by ambient light. Manual brightness controls with motion activated illumination (patented MOTAC technology) awakens the sight within a massive field of view.
The ROMEO1PRO is one of the best reflex sights with great durability features such as being waterproof, fogproof, and housed in a ruggedized protective steel shroud for shockproofing. 1x magnification, 30mm objective lens diameter, and extremely lightweight at just 1 oz.
Sig Sauer ROMEO3MAX
Another high quality reflex sight from Sig Sauer’s cutting edge electro-optics line, the ROMEO3MAX is the perfect sighting solution for MSR rifles, carbines, submachine guns, shotguns, and handguns.
This best reflex sight is specifically designed to accommodate low-profile Picatinny and KeyMod mounts. It features Sig’s patented MOTAC (Motion Activated Illumination) technology for quick engagements and a proprietary high transmittance red-notch filter that enhances its brilliant red dot for unparalleled optical clarity and zero distortion.
The versatile ROMEO3 is a compact, open reflex sight that was engineered in collaboration with world-champion shooter, Max Michel, to provide the best competitive advantage.
A 30mm wide, round lens diameters offers superior FOV. Features 3 or 6 MOA dot size for rapid target acquisition and twelve illumination intensity levels for a full range of lighting conditions. Aircraft-grade CNC aluminum housing and 20,000 hours of continuous runtime, this reliable optical device is built to last.
Excellent for all kinds of shooters: law enforcement, military, competitive shooters, hunters etc. Very lightweight at 1.5 oz.
Trijicon RMR Type 2 Red Dot Sight
The Trijicon RMR (Ruggedized Miniature Reflex) is a versatile, multi-platform red dot reflex sight for pistols, rifles, and shotguns.
This optical device is a result of decades of meticulous design partnerships with military, law enforcement, and competitive shooters to develop the most innovative reflex sight on the market. The RMR Type 2 is remarkably durable because it has a uniquely designed housing shape (made of aluminum and titanium) that diverts stress away from the lens by absorbing impact forces.
It features a manual or automatic illumination mode with easy-to-use buttons on the side and remains in manual mode for 16.5 hours following last button settings before defaulting back to automatic. Adjustable LED sights are compatible with night vision applications (3.25 MOA dot size is the most popular).
The red dot is small enough for long range shooting and big enough to acquire close range targets quickly (pistol-aim directly at the target with ease while ignoring front and rear posts). The parallax-free RMR Type 2 also includes upgraded electronics for harsh conditions and a proven performance on slide ride pistols and other small arms.
It is waterproof to 20 meters and has a dual illuminated option (battery free alternative). This best reflex sight is precision and durability in a small package.
Improve your accuracy, speed, and precision with any caliber firearm. Ideal for self defense and law enforcement.
Burris FastFire 2
One of the most affordable 4-MOA red dot reflex sights, the FastFire 2 is a simple and effective option for self-defense or target shooting. It has remarkable clarity and workmanship at a great value (high-grade optical glass, waterproof, shockproof).
The red dot is very bright (an advantage for those with poor eyesight or bifocal glasses). You can install and cowitness the sight in under fifteen minutes. The FastFire 2 functions perfectly on slide rails, without blinking, and maintains constant zero for countless rounds. It can be mounted on almost any firearm and is a great option for novice hunters to apply to their shotgun.
Compact and lightweight (ideal for balance and aiming), the Burris FastFire 2 has everything you need in an affordable reflex sight.
It also features an automatic brightness sensor and includes a lifetime warranty.
The HS510C is an affordable open reflex sight specifically designed for rifle and carbine applications. Holosun’s main goal is to bring cutting-edge technology to the end user and the HS510C is a perfect example of an innovative product that makes sense and works as well as any reflex sight.
For example, its patented Solar Failsafe technology is a unique feature that allows the red dot to remain powered when the battery fails. However, the HS510C has one of the highest battery lifes on the market (50,000 hours) so the Solar Failsafe is just a bonus.
A Multi-Reticle System (MRS) gives the shooter the flexibility to apply their optical device as they see fit by allowing certain sections of the aiming reticle to be turned on or off.
A Shake Awake motion-activated feature provides fast target acquisition on the fly. 12 brightness settings (10 daylight, 2 night-vision), MRS circle dot (2 MOA dot, 65 MOA circle, parallax-free (with unlimited eye relief), and multi layered reflective glass. 4.94 oz.
Top Selling Reflex Sights on Amazon
- Tubeless design with 42mm reflex lens aperture provides quick target acquisition, also a wider field of view to maintain situational awarenes.
- 4 Selectable reticles and 5 brightness settings. Low power consumption for long battery life.
- Integrated mount for standard 20mm Picatinny or Weaver rails which will not loose, made to last.
- Parallax corrected & unlimited eye-relief. Fully adjustable height, brightness, windage and elevation. Where the dot goes, so does the bullet!
- Made of high grade aluminum alloy which makes the red dot sight durable and light weight.
- Reticle allows for 4 different styles. Dot, Circle/Dot, Crosshair/Dot, Crosshair/Circle/Dot combinations. All in one sight!
- A 33mm lens provides quick target acquisition. Wide field of view to maintain situational awareness.
- Very sturdy and secure rail mounting system. Will not come loose, made to last.
- Parallax corrected & unlimited eye-relief, where the dot goes, so does the bullet!
- Ultralight, waterproof and shockproof - Powered one 3V lithium battery (included).
- ✔ TACTICON IS A COMBAT VETERAN OWNED COMPANY ✔ STURDIEST AND MOST ACCURATE REFLEX SIGHT ON AMAZON - Incredibly fast target acquisition with the parallax free design. Incredibly easy to sight-in. Holds zero even after thousand of shots.
- ✔ 4 ADJUSTABLE RETICLE SETTINGS ✔ 2 COLOR SETTINGS (RED OR GREEN RETICLE) - Whether you are shooting at dawn, dusk, night, or the middle of the day we engineered this to allow for 4 different reticle types too choose from as well as red or green color settings for all reticle variations.
- ✔ 45-DEGREE OFFSET MOUNT INCLUDED - This reflex sight was engineered to co-witness perfectly with iron sights. TACTICON brand iron sights work the best with this optic.
- ✔ WATERPROOF ✔ FOG PROOF ✔ REFLECTIVE PROTECTION - Sealed with O-rings to prevent moisture or dust from getting inside and nitrogen purged to prevent fogging inside the glass optic. Reflection proof lens coating to effectively shoot in the sun.
- ✔ LIFETIME WARRANTY AND EXTRA SET OF BATTERIES INCLUDED! No hassle 100% satisfaction guarantee with every sight. 3 LR44 batteries PLUS 3 extra LR44 batteries are included!
- Screen Size: 22mmx33mm;Weight: 130g; Length: 82mm
- Reflex Sight Reticle Type: Circle Dot, Cross, 10 MOA & 3 MOA(Red and green illuminated)
- 4 reticle patterns offer unlimited eye-relief and corrected parallax
- Allen Wrench included helps you adjust elevation and windage easily.
- Made of high grade Aluminum Alloy, the dot sight is durable and Light weight.
- TOOLS INCLUDED: Adjustable windage and elevation (tools included). Unlimited eye-relief and corrected parallax. Tubeless design with 33mm reflex lens and a wide field of view (15.8m@100m) for close to mid-range targets.
- PICATINNY RAIL MOUNT: Equipped with a built-in picatinny scope mount base that fits 20mm rails and provides easy sight remounting; Laser Class II, laser power less than 5mW
- 8 SIGHTING OPTIONS: Four interchanging reticle patterns with red and green holograph options (plus adjustable brightness) provide a total of 8 different sights to fine-tune your eyeshot from dawn to dusk.
- ULTIMATE DURABILITY: Aerospace-grade aluminum alloy construction for lasting dependability and easy maintenance and cleaning (cleaning cloth included).
- WATER/FOG/SHOCK PROOF: Water-proof, fog-proof and shock-proof properties protect internal components and enhance performance in all weather conditions. The light-weight design upgrades your open/concealed carry experience.
- Material: high strength aluminum; Obj. aperture: 33mm; Magnification:1x; Power of the gun sight laser:2mW; Class of the laser: ClassIIIA
- Special 2 in 1 design: Built with the red sight laser and dual illuminated reflex sight with four reticle types, it will help you aim and shoot accurately
- Tubeless design with 33mm reflex lens aperture provides a wide field of view, suitable for rapid-firing or shooting of moving targets besides normal shooting
- Coming with the switch button and the pressure pad switch, you can choose one of them towards different situation to operate the laser more easily
- This laser dot reflex sight scope fits standard 20mm weaver and Picatinny rails
- ACCURATE - Sharp 3 MOA Red Dot + multicoated lens keeps your view clear & on-target, without the deep blue tint found in other micro sights. Tactile “click” adjustments for easy sight-in.
- ADAPTABLE – Perfect for rifles, shotguns,& pistols. Top-loading battery and picatinny mount included. Compatible with Burris Fastfire / Vortex Venom mounts and handgun slide adapters.
- LIGHTWEIGHT, BIG VIEW – Compact design + weight of only 1.8oz. Extra-large field of view for quick target acquisition.
- DEPENDABLE - Waterproof with sealed electronics. Lifetime Warranty. Shockproof components to unfailingly maintain zero. Stealthy, scratch-resistant matte anodized finish.
- INSIDE THE BOX - ARO Red Dot Sight, Rubber Lens Cover, CR1632 Battery, Low Picatinny Mount, Instruction sheet, Lens cloth, Allen wrench for Windage Adjustment, Torx Wrench for Mounting Screws, Flathead Screwdriver for Battery Cap
- Rugged 6061-T6 aluminum body and protective shield plus a Patented integrated sunshade
- Advanced anti-reflective coating, scratch resistant lens system
- Parallax corrected optical system and Night vision brightness modes
- Interlock internal locking adjustment system
- 12-hr. auto shut-off
- Multi-Reticles - Reticle allows for 4 different styles. 5 MOA Dot, 10 MOA Dot, Crosshair, 5 MOA Dot & 50 MOA Circle combination. All in one sight!
- Wider View - Tubeless design with 33mm reflex lens aperture provides quick target acquisition，also a wider field of view to maintain situational awareness.
- Multiple layers of anti-reflective compounds on every glass surface provide bright, vivid pictures and optimum light transmission from dawn to dusk.
- More Accurate - Parallax corrected & unlimited eye-relief. Fully adjustable height, brightness, windage and elevation. Where the dot goes, so does the bullet!
- Recoil Resistance - Made of high grade aluminum alloy which makes the red dot sight durable and light weight. Certified up to 800G's recoil impact.
- Cast magnesium alloy housing with protective shield
- IP68 Waterproof rating - submersible to 40ft
- Low power consumption
- Digital switch controls
- Variable reticle brightness with night vision modes
Reflex sights on the market today are extremely sophisticated and practical. You can mount them on almost any firearm for a variety of purposes.
They are either an open heads up display (HUD) or tube shaped, and most of them use some configuration of a red dot aiming point (and red dot reticle systems are better than ever). Moreover, you want your reflex sight to make sense, be easy-to-use, provide extreme durability/reliability, and enhance your target acquisition through improved accuracy and quickness. Use them as a pistol option or something perfect for your tactical shotgun.
Whether you are needing self defense, target shooting, or hunting fast-moving game, there is a best reflex sight for your situation.