Burris Optics is a company that is often also referred to as ‘The Burris Company’, was found in 1971 by its founder Don Burris himself, hence the name of the company. Learn more about it’s history here. Starting out as an engineer, designing for another optics company and believed he could build something spectacular, that was unlike any other rifle scope on the market, he started his own company to do so and sure he did.
Starting out the new company he produced bases, rings and open sights, which after he moved on to designing and manufacturing optics that were specifically intended for the use of rifles in different sports. The company’s first rifle was designed in 1975 and served as the fundamental base of which an entire company of hundreds of scopes with different designs for all types of guns and rifles were created thereafter.
Till this day, Burris Optics has an elite range of gun and rifle scopes, which includes everything from laser rifle scopes, to standard rifle scopes for the use of every shooting activity and sport you could think of, including hunting.
Pushing the envelope year after year since its first release, it’s clear to say that the company has evolved into a favourite amongst those who treat shooting as a hobby, for hunting purposes or to play a sport.
The Best Burris Optics for the Money
Burris Fullfield II Riflescope 4.5x14x42mm
Since its inception in 1975, the Fullfield II has become one of the most respected and awarded scopes in the shooting and hunting world — symbolizing the best of what Burris has to offer.
A superbly affordable riflescope for long-range hunting, the Fullfield II is the ideal compromise between size and power. It sets the standard for affordability, reliability, and accuracy. This value has made the Fullfield II very popular in the field. Its high-performance optical glass delivers images with excellent clarity and sharp contrast.
Long-range accuracy in a simple and classic design allows you to hit targets with ease at 500-700 yards down range under any lighting condition. The Burris Fullfield II also features an integrated eyepiece with no-slip adjustment and steel-on-steel adjustment for precise clicking.
A highly trusted, reliable, and durable platform, the Fullfield II Riflescope’s exceptional light-gathering capability, clarity, and easy adjustments make it one of the most popular and premium hunting scopes at an affordable price on the market.
Burris Fullfield E1 3x9x50mm
The Burris Fullfield E1 3x9x50mm is one of the smallest and most affordable scope for 308 rifles around and is geared towards tree-stand hunters and short to medium-range engagements.
It is an entry-level optic that provides superb clarity and low light transmission. The compact build of this riflescope keeps things simple and focused, while a 3x starting zoom gives the user a very wide field of view to survey the immediate surroundings.
You can mount this scope very low on your 308 due to its small 35mm objective lens. It features straightforward and compatible Ballistic Plex E1 reticle crosshairs that make it easy for the shooter to determine holdover at distance and hold-off for wind drift, with lower vertical hash marks to assist in dead-on acquisition from 100 to 500 yards.
Offering good firearm balance and eye relief, the Fullfield E1 is one of the most simple and best scopes for 308 enthusiasts who desire a simple and sophisticated optic with excellent accuracy.
Burris XTR II 4x20x50mm
The Burris XTR II 4-20x50mm is designed for serious long-range precision shooters — tactical or competitive.
Featuring an ergonomic side focus and easy-to-reach parallax adjustment for improved long distance accuracy, the XTR II is one of the best long range scopes for precision rifles because it has great magnification power, a crisp and clear reticle, easy adjustments, and maintains point of impact through the magnification range so you can consistently engage targets down range.
It has a versatile 5x zoom system for excellent target acquisition at long ranges. The XTR II is a very high resolution optic that also features tactical or competition reticles like the SCR MOA (Special Competition Reticle) or SCR Mil.
Burris Veracity Riflescope 4x20x50mm
The Veracity Riflescope series is Burris’ top-of-the-line family of hunting scopes featuring a 5x zoom system, a larger field of view, and front/rear focal plane design. The Veracity 4-20x50mm is a premium, award-winning scope designed for long range precision target shooters and hunters.
One of the best Burris scopes for varmint hunting, precision shooting, or very long range hunting excursions, the Veracity 4-20×50 has a trajectory compensation calculated out to 700 yards and a 50mm objective lens for maximum light collection.
This Burris Veracity Riflescope 4-20x50mm model features the Ballistic Plex E1 FFP Varmint, a bold and highly usable first focal plane reticle design that provides a platform for determining the precise distance and size of targets. The Burris Veracity also features the M.A.D. Knob Customization System to better allow you to change and customize knobs based on specific needs.
All the adjustments on the Veracity Riflescope 4-20x50mm are high-quality and feel great. Excellent field of view and eye relief. Incredibly clear and bright optics. These are some of the reasons why the Burris Veracity earned the Editors’ Choice in Outdoor Life Magazine’s 2016 Optics Test. A Burris riflescope with outstanding quality and value.
The AR-332 is a very high-quality Burris scope that offers law enforcement, military personnel, and competitive shooters additional range capability in a compact and fast-acquisition optic design.
Designed for competitive shooters and tactical situations, the AR-332 features a small, fast-action Ballistic CQ reticle with holdover dots out to 600 yards (appropriate for 5.56 or 7.62 caliber).
The reticle’s circular center facilitates extremely quick target engagement at close distances. This Burris scope has a very rugged construction that can withstand heavy recoil forces and all types of weather. Makes a great option for an AR10 Scope, or maybe something by KelTec.
An index-matched, Hi-Lume multi coating enhances low-light performance and eliminates glare, allowing for more accurate shots. The Burris AR-332 is a great tactical riflescope that is more affordable than many alternative prismatic scopes with similar features on the market.
Bestelling Burris Optics on Amazon
- Convenient power button with three levels of brightness and an automatice brightness setting
- Tool-less wind age and elevation adjustments
- Low Battery warning indicator
- 8 MOA Dot Reticle
- Tool-less wind age and elevation adjustments
- Burris Optics Scopes & Accessories
- The 6x zoom has true 1x setting for eyes open engagement
- Adjustment Range @ 100 yards: 190"
- PRECISION SCOPE - Rely on the Eliminator to determine the distance of your target, factor your trajectory and illuminate the perfect holdover
- MAKE HUNTING MORE EFFICIENT - Eliminate the extra variables and guesswork, and make your next hunt efficient and productive
- LONG-DISTANCE RANGEFINDER - This laser rangefinder features 1, 200+ yards ranging capability, increasing the distance at which you can take an ethical shot
- LASERSCOPE TO INCREASE ACCURACY - With precision, this laser scope will significantly extend the range and accuracy of your favorite gun
- STATE-OF-THE-ART OPTICS - Count on the built-in inclinometer to prove accuracy in a variety of conditions, including shooting up or down steep hills
- Features all-new extended rangefinding capabilities out to 2,000 yards
- Enhanced ballistic calculator with more data and faster-aiming solutions significantly increases the distance at which you can make an ethical shot
- New wireless remote laser activation of the laser rangefinder has been added to make it easy to range your target; As always there’s no need for a smartphone, app or separate handheld range finder
- Input your cartridge’s ballistic info and the scope calculates perfect holdover at your exact distance, estimates wind drift, then gives you the perfect aiming solution (bright red dot) all at the push of a button; Just aim, range and shoot
- Four tools in one including precision optics, an internal digital inclinometer, smart dope card, and built-in laser range finder
- Long range rifle scope designed for fun at the range or high-stakes competition; Perfect for those looking for a way to get into the action with a precision optic that won’t break the bank
- Shooters from air gunners to long-range rifle enthusiasts will enjoy the featured front focal plane SCR 2 MIL dot reticle, zero click stop adjustment, and the integrated, adjustable throw level for a custom fit
- Dial in your exact holdover and windage using the precise 1/10 mil and zero click stop turrets, while side parallax adjustment allows fine tuning focus to get the most out of the front focal plane special-competition SCR 2 Mil reticles
- Capable of 65 MOA total elevation travel, this scope is built around a rugged 30mm nitrogen filled tube and is waterproof, shockproof and fog proof; Designed to handle recoil from any direction making it a perfect option for competition air gunners
- Covered by the Burris Forever Warranty. We will repair or replace your Burris optic if it is damaged or defective. Warranty does not cover loss, theft, deliberate damage or cosmetic damage that does not hinder the performance of the product.
While it’s without a doubt that there are many competitive brands offering the best prices, quality and many new innovations
Other than that, each scope comes with a warranty and referring to recent reviews, last an extremely long time while providing you with the best experience when it comes to optics for shooting.
A few more features worth considering:
- Ultimate magnification
- Clear objective lenses every time
- Precision (short, mid and long range)
- Clear focus and technologically advanced lens
- Sleek design
And then there’s the Burris price point…
Most of its products range between $200 and $2,000, the Burris rifle scope product range is considered to be one of the most affordable brands on the market. Even worthy of putting it one of your favorite bb guns or air rifles.
Why not give Burris a try? We’re pretty sure it won’t disappoint and if it by any chance does, it’s low budget anyway, so give it a shot.
I know what I’ll be asking for this Christmas, the Burris Veracity Riflescope, the top of the line one. Really need something like this. My buddy had one like this when we went elk hunting up in Colorado, the clarity and consistency was impressive.
Burris Optics is a solid choice if you are looking for a great, long lasting scope. I think their optic quality is just as good as the big expensive brands too. I had no idea the company was founded in 1971. I bet Don Burris was honored to have a big company like Beretta, an Italian company, purchase his company in 2002. I know I would have been stoked!
I didn’t start looking into Burris products until about 1999, when my dad and I started getting serious about hunting. We lived on a large, 10 acre lot out in the woods near Uwharrie National Forest here in North Carolina. I remember practice shooting in the back yard almost every weekend. Good times.
Now, I own 3 Burris scopes. For the price, you really can’t beat it, and their customer service is the best, hands down. After I got my 3rd scope which was in 2015, I stupidly dropped my gun about 5 1/2 feet and it landed mostly on the scope. The scope survived the drop but the reticle rotated when I tried to turn the power adj. ring. I sent the damaged scope to Burris and within a week, I had a new scope, no questions asked at all! It’s really hard to find a decent company like that nowadays.
I would trust any product they come out with. And personally, I don’t really need the highest end scope in their line, the mid range ones do just fine for me.
I really admire the fact that Burris assembles everything by hand and tests all of the products in-house. This would be my go to brand. For me, I am just getting in the world of shooting, and I look forward to having a nice collection in the future.
Trying to decide b/t the XTR II and the Fullfield E1….
Errrrr, ya, that’s gonna be a hard choice… you can try watching the youtube videos about them but that might only confuse your scope choice even further haha!
Well, clarity and ergonomics are all fine and good as long as the scope will stay together while shooting. Ask Burris what caliber their scope is tested to withstand. You won’t like the answer…375H&H. I learned this the hard way by gutting two 8.5-40×56 XTR II scopes back-to-back with a 338 Edge. When Burris sent me the third one I traded it off still in the plastic.
I was a long time Burris fan until this and one other issue I had with them. But that is for a different thread. But this $1400 scope should be able to hold up to recoil. But it does not. None of them will!
That’s awesome that you know what you’re looking into. We completely understand what you’re telling us and that experience your scopes. If you have any questions regarding the Burris scopes, feel free to give us a call at 833-750-6996 or email us at email@example.com.