Burris Optics is a company that is often also referred to as ‘The Burris Company’, was found in 1971 by its founder Don Burris himself, hence the name of the company. Learn more about it’s history here. Starting out as an engineer, designing for another optics company and believed he could build something spectacular, that was unlike any other rifle scope on the market, he started his own company to do so and sure he did.
Starting out the new company he produced bases, rings and open sights, which after he moved on to designing and manufacturing optics that were specifically intended for the use of rifles in different sports. The company’s first rifle was designed in 1975 and served as the fundamental base of which an entire company of hundreds of scopes with different designs for all types of guns and rifles were created thereafter.
Till this day, Burris Optics has an elite range of gun and rifle scopes, which includes everything from laser rifle scopes, to standard rifle scopes for the use of every shooting activity and sport you could think of, including hunting.
Pushing the envelope year after year since its first release, it’s clear to say that the company has evolved into a favourite amongst those who treat shooting as a hobby, for hunting purposes or to play a sport.
The Best Burris Optics for the Money
Burris Fullfield II Riflescope 4.5x14x42mm
Since its inception in 1975, the Fullfield II has become one of the most respected and awarded scopes in the shooting and hunting world — symbolizing the best of what Burris has to offer.
A superbly affordable riflescope for long-range hunting, the Fullfield II is the ideal compromise between size and power. It sets the standard for affordability, reliability, and accuracy. This value has made the Fullfield II very popular in the field. Its high-performance optical glass delivers images with excellent clarity and sharp contrast.
Long-range accuracy in a simple and classic design allows you to hit targets with ease at 500-700 yards down range under any lighting condition. The Burris Fullfield II also features an integrated eyepiece with no-slip adjustment and steel-on-steel adjustment for precise clicking.
A highly trusted, reliable, and durable platform, the Fullfield II Riflescope’s exceptional light-gathering capability, clarity, and easy adjustments make it one of the most popular and premium hunting scopes at an affordable price on the market.
Burris Fullfield E1 3x9x50mm
The Burris Fullfield E1 3x9x50mm is one of the smallest and most affordable scope for 308 rifles around and is geared towards tree-stand hunters and short to medium-range engagements.
It is an entry-level optic that provides superb clarity and low light transmission. The compact build of this riflescope keeps things simple and focused, while a 3x starting zoom gives the user a very wide field of view to survey the immediate surroundings.
You can mount this scope very low on your 308 due to its small 35mm objective lens. It features straightforward and compatible Ballistic Plex E1 reticle crosshairs that make it easy for the shooter to determine holdover at distance and hold-off for wind drift, with lower vertical hash marks to assist in dead-on acquisition from 100 to 500 yards.
Offering good firearm balance and eye relief, the Fullfield E1 is one of the most simple and best scopes for 308 enthusiasts who desire a simple and sophisticated optic with excellent accuracy.
Burris XTR II 4x20x50mm
The Burris XTR II 4-20x50mm is designed for serious long-range precision shooters — tactical or competitive.
Featuring an ergonomic side focus and easy-to-reach parallax adjustment for improved long distance accuracy, the XTR II is one of the best long range scopes for precision rifles because it has great magnification power, a crisp and clear reticle, easy adjustments, and maintains point of impact through the magnification range so you can consistently engage targets down range.
It has a versatile 5x zoom system for excellent target acquisition at long ranges. The XTR II is a very high resolution optic that also features tactical or competition reticles like the SCR MOA (Special Competition Reticle) or SCR Mil.
Burris Veracity Riflescope 4x20x50mm
The Veracity Riflescope series is Burris’ top-of-the-line family of hunting scopes featuring a 5x zoom system, a larger field of view, and front/rear focal plane design. The Veracity 4-20x50mm is a premium, award-winning scope designed for long range precision target shooters and hunters.
One of the best Burris scopes for varmint hunting, precision shooting, or very long range hunting excursions, the Veracity 4-20×50 has a trajectory compensation calculated out to 700 yards and a 50mm objective lens for maximum light collection.
This Burris Veracity Riflescope 4-20x50mm model features the Ballistic Plex E1 FFP Varmint, a bold and highly usable first focal plane reticle design that provides a platform for determining the precise distance and size of targets. The Burris Veracity also features the M.A.D. Knob Customization System to better allow you to change and customize knobs based on specific needs.
All the adjustments on the Veracity Riflescope 4-20x50mm are high-quality and feel great. Excellent field of view and eye relief. Incredibly clear and bright optics. These are some of the reasons why the Burris Veracity earned the Editors’ Choice in Outdoor Life Magazine’s 2016 Optics Test. A Burris riflescope with outstanding quality and value.
The AR-332 is a very high-quality Burris scope that offers law enforcement, military personnel, and competitive shooters additional range capability in a compact and fast-acquisition optic design.
Designed for competitive shooters and tactical situations, the AR-332 features a small, fast-action Ballistic CQ reticle with holdover dots out to 600 yards (appropriate for 5.56 or 7.62 caliber).
The reticle’s circular center facilitates extremely quick target engagement at close distances. This Burris scope has a very rugged construction that can withstand heavy recoil forces and all types of weather. Makes a great option for an AR10 Scope, or maybe something by KelTec.
An index-matched, Hi-Lume multi coating enhances low-light performance and eliminates glare, allowing for more accurate shots. The Burris AR-332 is a great tactical riflescope that is more affordable than many alternative prismatic scopes with similar features on the market.
Bestelling Burris Optics on Amazon
- Eliminates guessing distance; Built-in rangefinder gives exact distance to the target at full draw
- Eliminates aiming between pins; Instantly calculates and displays the exact aiming point for any distance and shot angle
- Builds on the original Oracle bow sight with improved auto-brightness detection, improved manual brightness control (lower levels), improved set-up (micro-adjustments on LRF), better waterproofing and more accurate arrow drop calculations
- Instantly provides the distance to your target and an exact aiming point that factors in the angle of your shot
- No more guessing distance, fumbling with rangefinders, dialing sights or aiming between pins; Backed by the Burris Forever Warranty
- Red-green Ballistic Armalite Rifle reticle
- 10 LED Illumination settings
- Parallax free at 100 yds
- Simplify target acquisition – the fast Fire 2 provides a bright-red dot, allowing for faster target acquisition and easy aiming.
- Mount with brightness sensor – let the fast Fire 2 Adjust to your environment light levels, so you can keep Slamming targets.
- Lightweight fast Fire Red dot sights – with compact design.
- 4-Moa sight – expect accuracy from 4-MOA, parallax-free 1x magnification and adjustable wind age and elevation for easy Use and reliability.
- Universal fast Fire 2 – mount this sight to almost anything using Secure Burris mounting Systems.
- PINPOINT ACCURACY – The FastFire III puts an unmistakable red dot at the point of impact within your field of view, giving you an immediate advantage in speed and accuracy.
- LIGHTWEIGHT OPTICS – With lightweight construction and durable design, the FastFire III can be used as a primary sight or paired on top of an existing sight.
- VERSATILITY DEFINED – Rely on the automatic brightness sensor to adjust to match the environmental conditions or choose one of the three manual brightness settings.
- RED DOT SIGHT – Choose a 3 MOA dot, popular on rifles or with anyone wanting more pinpoint accuracy, or choose the 8 MOA dot, which is ideal for short range shooters and fast acquisition. Windage adjustment: 86 MOA
- MUST-HAVE COMPETITION GEAR – The FastFire III will work with virtually all optics-ready handguns, making it a convenient part of your competitive shooting system. Shockproof design stands up to years of punishing recoil
- Sport type: Hunting
- Weaver Style
- 1 inch pair of rings
- Matte Black Finish
- Non-quick detach model
While it’s without a doubt that there are many competitive brands offering the best prices, quality and many new innovations
Other than that, each scope comes with a warranty and referring to recent reviews, last an extremely long time while providing you with the best experience when it comes to optics for shooting.
A few more features worth considering:
- Ultimate magnification
- Clear objective lenses every time
- Precision (short, mid and long range)
- Clear focus and technologically advanced lens
- Sleek design
And then there’s the Burris price point…
Most of its products range between $200 and $2,000, the Burris rifle scope product range is considered to be one of the most affordable brands on the market. Even worthy of putting it one of your favorite bb guns or air rifles.
Why not give Burris a try? We’re pretty sure it won’t disappoint and if it by any chance does, it’s low budget anyway, so give it a shot.