There’s no question that a good rimfire rifle is essential in basic hunting. Having a .22 rifle in your gun cabinet is perfect for anyone with a hunting license or a homey cabin in the northern woods. With ease of fire and very little kickback, a .22 can be perfect for the beginner. Nothing adds to the quality of a good rifle, though, like a good scope.
A scope is going to improve accuracy and allow you to take more time and thought into your long range shots. It can also be the difference between a begrudging look of disappointment or a grin at making your first kill. When choosing a scope, you will have a number of options. Whether you want a holographic scope or a long ranged scope is the biggest decision to make.
The Best Scopes for your .22 Reviewed
Leupold VX-Freedom Rimfire 3-9×40
Decades of optical development and manufacturing by Leupold has shown why the VX-Freedom is the embodiment of reliability, accuracy, and extreme clarity.
The VX-Freedom Rimfire 3-9×40 delivers on Leupold’s legendary performance and dependability by allowing the user to unleash her inner rimfire and enjoy countless hours of shooting and hunting. This dedicated rimfire scope will maximize the experience of using your 22 caliber rifle with its unique rimfire features such as a closer 60 yard focus setting and Rimfire MOA reticle with repeatable ¼ MOA precision finger clicks for simple adjustments.
Like all Leupold optics, the VX-Freedom Rimfire is enhanced by the Twilight Light Management System for superb visibility in low-light conditions. Durable, compact, and lightweight; making it a great scope for the money.
One of the best 22 scope that offers next generation quality and best-in-class optics that produce crisp, clear images and repeatable accuracy for your rimfire rifle.
Bushnell AR Optics Rifle Scope 1-4×24
The Bushnell AR Optics 1-4×24 a great rifle scope with outstanding value that is a perfect starter optic for rimfire AR-platform shooters on a modest budget.
It is a highly capable and fast-deploying, low-power variable optic (LPVO) with lots of features that will enhance your AR rimfire rifle.
The 1-4×24 model features the “Drop Zone 223” BDC SFP reticle with holdovers out to 600 yards. A Thrown Down PCL power change lever that offers nearly instantaneous magnification changes for fast target acquisition. Fully-Multi Coated Optics deliver crisp images in any lighting condition.
The AR Optics 1-4×24 is a best 22 scope for budget shooters that will deliver clear and accurate shots at short-range to 100+ yards.
Simmons .22 MAG 3-9x32mm Rimfire Scope
The Simmons .22 MAG 3-9×32 continues the tradition of being one of the most popular and affordable rimfire scopes on the market. It is a best 22 scope with big-game performance quality that is excellent for small-game hunting and plinking.
This riflescope belongs to the feature-rich, ruggedly built Simmons family of scopes. Shot-after-shot the Simmons .22 MAG delivers stunning on-game performance, reliability, and overall value. It features fully-coated optics and a complete set of mounting rings.
Its SureGrip adjustments make for easy tuning, especially while wearing gloves. The QTA (Quick Target Acquisition) eyepiece delivers a constant 3.5” of eye relief throughout the entire magnification range.
The .22 MAG 3-9×32 Rimfire Scope is just as well made as more expensive scopes and is definitely one of the best 22 scope in its price range.
Top Selling .22 Optics on Amazon
- Features Truplex Reticle. Waterproof, fogproof and shockproof
- Parallax correction preset from 50 yards to infinity
- Rimfire 3/8" dovetail mounting rings included
- HydroShield coating ensures a clear sight picture
- SureGrip rubber surfaces simplify adjustments under any conditions
- The Bushnell Rimfire 3-9x40 is Designed to deliver peak performance for the 40-grain .22 LR, this scope boasts a BDC reticle with hold positions out to 125 yards—and you'll never miss your shot thanks to capped turrets that protect your settings in the field
- One-piece, aircraft-grade aluminum body that has no problem standing up to the elements and rough use and capped turrets to protect your scope settings in the field
- Multi-Coated Optics for improved resolution, light transmission, and contrast to you get you on target
- DZ22 Reticle is designed specifically for a 40 grain 22 LR, with drop points out to 125 yards. Ideal for: Varmint, small game, plinking
- The Bushnell 3-9x40 Rimfire is covered by our Ironclad lifetime warranty
- 4 inch Eye relief
- Trueplex reticle
- Waterproof, Fog proof & shockproof
- Fully coated optics
- High-quality optical glass and fully-coated optics deliver bright, sharp images
- Model 200019 has the focus set at just 50 yards, making it a great choice for . 22 LR ammo.
- The 3-9x40mm is compact and lightweight, with a nine times magnification that provides enough distance for most hunting situations.
- The simple, rugged reticle has holdover for precise shots at extended ranges. The low-profile turret is finger-adjustable.
- A separate eyepiece and power ring allow for flip-up lens caps.
- Covered by the Burris Forever
- Red / Green illuminated reticle
- Fully multi-coated optics for maximum clarity
- 1" matte black anti-glare body tube
- Nitrogen purged. Shockproof. Waterproof. Fog proof
- Adjustable objective for parallax free shooting
- BUNDLE INCLUDES: Hawke Sport Optics Vantage 4-12x40 Rimfire .22 WMR Riflescope and Match Mount 1-Inch 2-Piece Weaver Medium Riflescope Rings
- CONSTRUCTION: The Hawke Sport Optics Vantage 4-12x40 Rimfire .22 WMR Riflescope is a powerful scope designed for .22 caliber bullets. It has 11 layers of fully multi-coated optics for excellent image clarity and sharpness. The 1-inch mono-tube chassis ensures strength and durability
- RETICLE: This reticle has aim points calibrated for a .22 Caliber. It is easy to zero in, and once calibrated delivers superior downrange accuracy with illuminated aim points that can be easily seen in any lighting condition. It has yardages etched into the reticle field of view that are meant to be used on maximum magnification
- QUICK AND EASY ADJUSTMENTS: The 1/4 MOA low profile ‘no-snag’ fingertip turrets make adjusting the scope quick and easy. It also has a fast focus eyebell and high torque zoom ring, for fast zoom and focus adjustments
- HAWKE Riflescopes Vantage 30 WA IR 4-16x50 IR SF (.22 LR HV 16x) 1/4 MOA turrets
The best scope for a .22, according to gun nuts everywhere, is the Leupold VX-2. While its predecessor is the best-selling rimfire scope, the Leupold VX-1, the makers kept that classic design and fine-tuned it to create the VX-2. The Leupold VX-2 is all-around classic, by looks alone. It would mount nicely on any rifle, from a vintage, wooden, wild-west piece to a modern matte black frame. The design is one of, if not the most, classic looking pieces you can find.
The Leupold VX-2 comes with a 3-9x magnification, perfect for short or long range targets. This maybe comparable to some of our BSA scopes. With a wide field of view and low-end focus, it provides for maximum comfort and clarity, compared to other scopes. The variable magnification can be easily tweaked using the controls mounted atop and on the side of the scope.
Another great feature, especially for beginners, is the easy-to-use simple duplex reticle. The crosshairs are thick and bold, allowing for better sight of them during low-light situations. The classic design of the reticle itself, makes the scope even more classic in its use and functionality.
The main thing Leupold is famous for in its previous models is the crystal clear, glare-free glass that is used. No exceptions were made here, either. The glass is flawless and darkened at the edges, providing for little to no diffusion. Both lenses on either side of the scope are also multi-coated, protecting them from nicks and scratches while you are traipsing through the woods (check rifle reviews if you’re wondering what rifle to put the scope on).
The main complaint you will find with this scope is also the main compliment: It’s basic. Some fancy gun enthusiast will want a scope with more bells and whistles. They want a scope that makes them feel like the Predator, but in reality, in most cases, that’s not what you need. True hunters know that skill is more important than features and a basic, but timed true and tested scope is exactly the right kind of accessory to improve your game and help you get your game.