Here it is September again and the time has come to begin thinking about deer season yet again. Around this time, early archery is going all out, yet I sit tight for guns’ season to go out. So optics for hunting are a major piece of my hunting methodology. Like whatever else, hunting optics are accessible in a wide assortment of types and picking the correct one for your requirements is vital to your prosperity.
When I discuss optics for hunting, I am discussing firearm mounted optics. This incorporates things like a scope or potentially rangefinders. There are others to consider in different classes like binoculars, monocular or spotting glasses and all have their part in the hunt. However, weapon mounted optics for hunting add to your fervor and shot precision.
When taking a gander at hunting optics, the primary thing to consider is the kind of hunting you do. If you hunt in close with overwhelming brush or vegetation around, you won’t require high magnification. You may likewise decide on a laser sight. Some even project a laser crosshair reticle onto the objective. The laser itself is undetectable to the stripped eye yet shows up on the objective obviously.
Possibly you are to a greater extent a long distance shooter, in which case you would require optics for hunting with high magnification and zoom capacities. These scopes can convey an objective to you from as far away as 1000 yards now and again (Now that’s going to require a scope for shooting far). For whatever length of time that you know how to modify the windage and height legitimately (and any hunter should), you ought to have the capacity to make a shot that way.
Kinds of optics for hunting are varied. From a standard optical scope to a laser scope/rangefinder combination, decisions should be made. Put forth these questions as you take a gander at the distinctive models.
1. How far will I be shooting?
2. What kind of game will I target?
3. What type of environment will I be in?
4. Will I hunt in a harsh climate?
Laser optics for hunting are more current to the market and have made a significant splash. Most have a LED reticle that is anticipated onto a little viewfinder, like a holosight. The reticle can be changed to any of a few kinds relying upon the model you are taking a gander at. As a rule, the reticles are a little speck, expansive dab, crosshair, circle or mil-dot.
These sorts are utilized as short proximity optics for hunting and are a very low profile.
For longer range spotting and hunting, laser optics take a jump to holographic optics for hunting. These hunting optics devices really venture a crosshair onto the objective by means of a laser shaft. Once located in, this kind of optics for hunting is a standout amongst the most accurate accessible. These are used for distances up to around 150 yards, which is a reasonable distance, yet don’t offer any magnification to the hunter.
Standard optics for hunting are scopes that mount to the firearm and you physically look through the scope. These hunting optics offer magnification in differing levels. You can be precise to distances of up to 1000 yards shots relying upon your weapon’s capacity. The scope should be sighted in as well.
The Best Optics For Your Rifle
Leupold VX-3i Rifle Scope
The Leuopold VX-3i represents the ideal hunting rifle scope: a very lightweight yet incredibly durable package that performns exceptionally well in low light conditions.
You can see more in less light with the Twilight Max Light Management System that maximizes your hunting game by allowing you to spot amazing detail during the critical first and last hours of daylight. It has been field tested to produce at least an additional 20 minutes of clear shooting light with its high-quality edge-to-edge lens clarity that reduces 85% more glare than other similar brands. Read more optics reviews, rifle reviews here.
A special ion-assisted lens coating on the exterior lens surfaces enhances light transmission and abrasion-resistance. This ensures the scope will maintain excellent brightness, clarity, and contrast in rough terrain conditions. The VX-3i rifle scope also features a lockable fast-focus eyepiece for a secure reticle focus. Its long-lasting toughness is accentuated by a Twin Bias Spring Erector System that exerts 30% more holding force on the erector, thus eliminating backlash and stress on the internal components of the scope.
The Leupold VX-3i is definitely one of the best rifle scopes for low light conditions on the market.
Bushnell Banner 3-9×40 Black Powder Rifle Scope Matte Circle-X
Part of the renowned Bushnell Banner Riflescopes series, the beautifully designed Black Powder Circle-X is an outstanding all-around big-game rifle scope with stunning HD clarity that excels in early-morning and late-evening lighting conditions — the crucial times of the day when the best hunters tag most of their game.
Perfect for muzzleloaders or centerfire rifles, this is a high-power, variable scope for long-range shooting. It offers the classic Circle-X reticle sight and features Dusk & Dawn Brightness (DBB) multi-coated lenses that deliver bright, high-contrast images in low light conditions.
You are sure to maximize your big-game hunting day with these precious additional minutes of clear focus. Moreover, the Bushnell Banner 3-9×40 is very durable and will hold constant zero after hundreds of rounds. Dropping or banging this riflescope around will not make a difference in its ability to hold zero.
Waterproof with O-ring sealed optics that stay dry, fogproof with Argon-filled optics that are stable regardless of ambient temperature, and shockproof.
Trijicon 1-6x24mm VCOG
The Trijicon VCOG (Variable Combat Optical Gunsight) is a nearly indestructible variable magnification riflescope designed for close quarter engagement or long-range precision shooting.
The VCOG has exceptional target acquisition capabilities, featuring a focal plane reticle that allows the shooter to rapidly acquire and hold target throughout the magnification range. High-quality multi-coated lenses provide superior light-gathering capabilities and incredible clarity with zero distortion.
The Trijicon VCOG riflescope is brilliantly illuminated by a single AA battery with up to six brightness settings and is truly a great combat scope that is ideal for shooters with poor eyesight. It features quick, accurate ranging reticles, such as a red horseshoe dot or crosshair. The horseshoe dot has various measurements that support point-of-impact referencing, especially for long distances.
Moreover, the VCOG riflescope is rugged and versatile making it a great option for assault rifles like an AR15 or SCAR-17 (an integrated mounting adapter provides ringless mounting to any rail system). It can be deployed in fast and precise close quarter situations while easily adjusting to long-range shooting with quick magnification adjustments.
You can expect this best rifle scope to look crystal clear and hold constant zero no matter what you do to it.
Leupold VX-Freedom AR 3-9×40
For AR owners needing greater long range precision, the VX-Freedom AR model was designed specifically to accommodate that goal. The 3-9 model is ready to go out-of-the-box, providing exceptional magnification for mid to long-range acquisition that will maximize your AR rifle’s performance.
Leupold is one of the most highly respected brands in the industry and shooters everywhere have come to expect high performance and dependability when applying a Leupold riflescope.
The VX-Freedom is a testament to this reputation: you can expect minimal recoil, excellent mid to long-range accuracy, full weather proofing, easily adjustable features — all in a robust, ultra-lightweight maintube design that gives exceptional edge-to-edge clarity with a classic look to boot.
Sig Sauer BRAVO5 5x30mm
Sig Sauer does not need much of an introduction. It is a premier electro-optics company that specializes in riflescopes that are tested for battle-readiness and utilize cutting edge technology that attract law enforcement professionals and military personnel alike.
However, Sig Sauer acknowledges the growing civilian demand for high tech scopes and develops optics to serve that market. The BRAVO5 is the world’s first wide field battle scope with an innovative new design for professional and civilian AR/MSR shooters.
The BRAVO5 has the usual features found in Sig Sauer electro-optics products like MOTAC, SpectraCoat, LensArmor, LensShield, and a 5 year warranty. It has an industry leading 43% wider field of view that produces flat, distortion-free images of incredible edge-to-edge clarity (low dispersion glass and aspherical lens design).
This radical lens system uses advanced prism and ocular design that are superior to any other prismatic battle sight. The BRAVO5 also has a lightweight durable magnesium tube housing with integrated Picatinny rail and 5.56/7.62 Horseshoe dot reticle for your AR rifle. The BRAVO5 is designed for fully suppressed firing and is extremely accurate out to 100 yards for example.
You can expect this riflescope to exceed your expectations and then some.
Burris Fullfield II Riflescope 4.5-14x42mm
Since its inception in 1975, the Fullfield II has become one of the most respected and awarded scopes in the shooting and hunting world — symbolizing the best of what Burris has to offer.
A superbly affordable riflescope for long-range hunting, the Fullfield II is the ideal compromise between size and power. It sets the standard for affordability, reliability, and accuracy. This value has made the Fullfield II very popular in the field. Its high-performance optical glass delivers images with excellent clarity and sharp contrast.
Long-range accuracy in a simple and classic design allows you to hit targets with ease at 500-700 yards down range under any lighting condition. The Burris Fullfield II also features an integrated eyepiece with no-slip adjustment and steel-on-steel adjustment for precise clicking.
A highly trusted, reliable, and durable platform, the Fullfield II Riflescope’s exceptional light-gathering capability, clarity, and easy adjustments make it one of the most popular and premium hunting scopes at an affordable price on the market.
Bushnell Engage 3-9×50
The Bushnell Engage 3-9×50 is an ideal mid-range riflescope with a sleek and classic black matte look. It is one of the best scopes for money in the 100-400 yard range.
For example, you can mount this scope on an AR-10 chambered in .308 and fire hundreds of accurate rounds without losing zero. It features patented technology like the Deploy MOA Reticle that is designed for versatility at any caliber and an EXO Barrier that protects the external glass from water, fog, smudges, dirt and debris. Locking turrets add durability by keeping the scope on zero no matter how much you bump or drop it, and you can quickly reengage your target with a tool-less zero reset.
The Engage 3-9×50 has a side-parallax adjustment and fully multi-coated lenses that provide high quality clarity and are considered some of the best quality optics in its price range. It also features a precise reticle that does not obstruct your view of the target.
The Bushnell Engage riflescope will give you top notch value and excellent precision on the range or in the field.
Leupold FX-II Scout IER 2.5x28mm
The Leupold FX-II Scout is an ideal choice for scout rifles, lever-action rifles, or when you require forward mounting (scope first in front of receiver).
Its simplicity, rugged performance, and superb accuracy make this optic one of the best budget riflescopes for skilled hunters and shooters looking to acquire targets in the 100-200 yard range with ease (the parallax is set at 150 yards). It can take a lot of battering as it was impact tested (3x the recoil of a .308) for scout rifles.
Bright and clear, the FX-II Scout features Leuopold’s usual advanced optics technology, perfected over nearly a century, such as the Twilight Light Management System for industry leading clarity and brightness, and the durability to withstand extreme climate exposure in all weather conditions. Excellent eye relief, target acquisition, and ultra-lightweight with rear focal plane reticle that barely covers the target at high power.
The FX-II Scout is one of the best riflescope for money and provides incredible low light performance, contrast, and resolution.
Leupold VX-Freedom 2-7×33
This new scope from renowned optics maker, Leupold, offers top of the line performance and reliability that is heavily sought after by shooters and hunters. Guaranteed to deliver the job every time, the Leupold VX-Freedom features several new and improved features.
It has a 3:1 zoom ratio for any shooting situation, Twilight Light Management System for optimal lowlight clarity (adding up to 20 extra minutes of shooting light), scratch-resistant lenses, lightweight compact design in 1 inch main tube, quick-grip power selector, multiple reticle and magnification options, available in AR, Rimfire, and Muzzleloader models, 100% weatherproofed, impact tested on 3x recoil of .308, and lifetime warranty, precision ¼ MOA finger click adjustments for windage and elevation that provide absolute repeatability.
The centerfire model comes with a parallax set at 100 yards and 33mm objective lens for excellent light gathering capability. The Leupold VX-Freedom 2-7×33 is a high quality budget riflescope with great overall quality that is clean, clear, and sleek.
Redfield Revolution 2-7×33 TAC-MOA
The Redfield Revolution 2-7×33 riflescope delivers all the features a seasoned hunter requires in a state-of-the-art, compact design at an affordable price.
It is a rugged optic with supreme recoil resistance and offers superior optical and mechanical functionality. Featuring a simple and quick TAC-MOA ranging reticle (3x-9x power) with stadia lines on the vertical and horizontal crosshairs (set at 2-MOA increments) and ½-MOA click adjustments for windage and elevation, the Redfield Revolution is a great tactical scope for your money that provides rapid target acquisition with generous eye relief and a great view with excellent clarity at full zoom.
It works well with long range AR builds. You can expect this riflescope to hold up well after 500 rounds of .308 and 5.56 caliber; find out more by checking out the ultimate rifle caliber guide. Leupold recently acquired Redfield because they believe in the quality and value of this brand of scopes.
The Redfield Revolution riflescope will not lag behind any relevant metric and you can expect it to have your back in any situation.
Best Selling Rifle Scopes on Amazon
- Specification: 3-9x40
- Magnification: 3-9x
- Objective Diameter: 1.57
- Exit pupil: 0.2
- Length: 12.20
- FIELD OF VIEW: Magnification 2.5-10X with 40mm objective, field Of View: 100 yards of 32.5' @ 2.5x - 8.9' @10x, laser range up to 100 yards.
- MULTI-COATED GREEN OBJECTIVE LENS, boast higher light transmittance for better clarity performance compared to blue objective lens.
- RED AND GREEN ILLUMINATED RETICLE, 5 brightness levels for all environments.
- A QUALITY COMPLET SET OF LASER SCOPE, Solid aluminum alloy construction, quick and secure attachment to all Picatinny or Weaver rails.
- WATERPROOF, FOG PROOF PERFORMANCE, Nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed for waterproof, fog proof performance.
- Magnification: 6-24x
- Objective Diameter: 50mm
- Field Of View: 28 ft @ 100 yards
- Click Value: 1/8 inch @ 100 yards
- Illuminated Type of the rifle scope: Red and Green
- Features Truplex Reticle. Waterproof, fogproof and shockproof
- Parallax correction preset from 50 yards to infinity
- Rimfire 3/8" dovetail mounting rings included
- HydroShield coating ensures a clear sight picture
- SureGrip rubber surfaces simplify adjustments under any conditions
- Quality optics with stunning HD clarity
- 100 percentage quality materials used and tested extensively
- Beautiful design and durability built to last
- Low light rifle scope with 3 to 9x magnification and 40 millimeter objective lens
- Dusk & Dawn Brightness (DDB) multicoated lenses for clarity and brightness
- High magnification extends your long-range shooting capability
- Features the Long Range MOA reticle, offering details and enough ultra-fine precision to get this scope into the long-range competition
- Trajectory-compensating technology and cascading dots to compensate for wind drift
- Designed for enthusiasts who want a simple, yet sophisticated, reticle for supreme accuracy
- Ergonomic side focus allows easy-to-reach parallax adjustment from 50 yds. to infinity
- Fully Multicoated Optical System
- BDC PREDATOR Reticle
- Hand-Turn 1/4 MOA Adjustments and Spring-Loaded Instant Zero-Reset Turrets
- Rugged One-inch Aircraft Grade Aluminum Main Tube
- Aluminum Quick Focus Eyepiece and Generous, Consistent Eye Relief
- The 2-7x32 Crossfire II riflescope is one of many configurations in the Crossfire II line. The Dead-Hold BDC reticle is good for hunting/shooting at varying ranges where estimating holdover is a concern
- With long eye relief and an ultra-forgiving eye box, you'll be able to quickly get a sight picture and acquire your target. The fast focus eyepiece allows quick and easy reticle focusing
- Anti-reflective, fully multi-coated lenses provide bright and clear views for the user; Max Elevation Adjustment: 60 MOA
- Capped reset turrets are finger adjustable with MOA clicks that can be reset to zero after sighting in
- A single piece tube constructed from aircraft grade aluminum ensures strength and shockproof performance. O-ring sealed and nitrogen purged, the Crossfire II delivers waterproof and fogproof performance
- BEWARE OF COUNTERFEIT PRODUCTS SHIPPED DIRECTLY FROM CHINA
- 1 Inch Tube with Emerald Coating for Maximum Light Transmission, Premium Zero Lockable & Resettable Turrets with 1/4 MOA Per Click Adjustment
- Range Estimating Mil-dot Reticle for Optimal Aiming and Shooting Performance, Adjustable Objective from 3 Yards to Infinity
- Red/Green Dual Illumination for Versatile Applications, Large Field of View and Most Accommodating Eye Relief for Optimum Critical CQB Mission
- Complete with 2" Sunshade, High Quality Flip-open Lens Caps and Quick-detachable Rings
- 4 in 1 RifleScope Combo: Magnification: 4x-12x; Obj. Diameter: 50mm; Eye Relief：3" ~ 3.4"; Field of View: 10' ~ 27' @ 100yards; well suited for wide range shooting, allowing for quick acquisition of close quarter and fast moving targets. Windage & Elevation Click Value: 1/4' @ 100 yards; High quality matte black finish, Shockproof, fogproof and waterproof since filled with nitrogen; Multi-coated lens offers super high light transmission.
- Two color illuminated reticles of the main tactical scope: Red and Green illuminations, each of which has 5 levels of brightness, easier shooting in dark environment. Red laser sight with independent switch, Class IIIA laser, less than 2mW.
- Four patterns illuminated reticle of the Red & Green Dot Sight/Reflex sight, highly accurate optic and substitute for overpriced holographic clear, high resolution image unlimited eye relief and wide field of view.New style side button switch offering easy you to setup the dot sight, accommodating various needs and also reducing much hand work.
- The laser sight integrated with optics and electronics provides a wide field of view.Three Parts with More Functions-Plus With holographic dot sight and red laser is good for quick acquisition of close quarter and fast moving targets with about 200-500m for the distance.
- Picatinny mount easily mountable to any 22mm rails (Picatinny or Weaver),With 14 Slots 1 inch High Riser Mount,Hassle free mounting to any gun.We had provide a comprehensive product after-sales consulting service, hope you to worry-free with shopping, any question please feel free to contact us in any time, your satisfaction is the biggest gain for us.
Different Types of Rifle Scopes
Different rifle scopes include everything from sight, reticles, binoculars, spotting scopes, mounting systems, specifically designed hunting scopes, tactical scopes, competition scopes, as well as all the accessories required for precision shooting.
- Close Quarter Battle Scopes – For a closer, most precise option for an immediate threat, choose the close quarter battle scope for the best optics and dependability which is unlike any other. An example might be a red dot or other optic you might fit on a shotgun.
- Close-to Mid-Range Scopes – For a tactical optic rifle scope that can shoot anywhere from close- to mid-range shots without compromising on speed or accuracy, this tactical scope doesn’t disappoint and allows you to be prepared for any new target at all times. With added magnification range, a dual camera plane and the ultimate precision, this is a rifle scope that anyone from a beginner to an expert will be able to appreciate.
- Long Range Scopes–If you’d like to increase your distance of shooting a target and narrow down your accuracy, this high-quality scope will get the job done for you. It will allow you to engage in targets that a have a longer range and provide you with the capability to shoot more than 1,000 yards or more.
There’s an incredible range of hunting scopes available which include big game scopes, predator scopes, dangerous game scopes, African plains game scopes, turkey scopes, upland and waterfowl scopes, as well as smaller game scopes.
Combining tactical sights, red dot optics and the company’s best riflescopes, you want to pick Optics that also have an amazing range of competition scopes that will get the job done when it comes to shooting in a competition.
Its elite range of rifle scopes includes a 3-gun scope, f-class scopes, rimfire scopes, handgun scopes, long-range precision scopes, bench-rest scopes and also, handgun scopes.